Geography Case Study
- Make flashcards about your case studies and named examples which summarise 2 facts about each category e.g. Haiti earthquake – 2 Primary effects are…
- Make memory flip cards to help you learn the definition of keywords
- Use Seneca and Quizlet.
AQA GCSE Geography 9-1
CGP AQA GCSE Geography for 9-1
We sell these through school’s website, priced at £3.25 each.
Key people – make a notes on what each individual from each paper did – when they did it, and their impact. Aim for three facts about each person.
Timelines – create a timeline for each of the papers that you are sitting, and identify when key events of key changes happened. This is a visual way for you to remember
Have an opinion! History is always about reaching a judgement, so have discussions with you family/ friends. It doesn’t need to be about History to start with – make sure that you have reasons for an opinion, and then have a debate. Once you can do this, the 16 mark questions will be easy!
Paper 1 = Medicine through Time
Paper 2: Elizabeth
Paper 3: Weimar Germany
CGP – Grade 9-1 GCSE History Edexcel Topic Guide: Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918-1939
CGP – Grade 9-1 GCSE History Edexcel Topic Guide: Early Elizabethan England
CGP – Grade 9-1 GCSE History Edexcel Topic Guide: Medicine in Britain
My Revision Notes: Edexcel GCSE (9-1) History: Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918-39
My Revision Notes: Edexcel GCSE (9-1) History: Ealy Elizabethan England
My Revision Notes: Edexcel GCSE (9-1) History: Medicine in Britain
- Break each unit down into the individual topics studied and split your revision time accordingly.
- Use flash cards for key words and teachings. If you don’t know key words or key religious beliefs you can’t answer the questions. Keep testing yourself on them regularly.
- Spider grams are a great way to write out key beliefs in RE. Students need to remember what the key teachings are and how Christians/Muslims use them to help them make decisions in life today.
- “chunking” Students read a section or topic. They then minimize the information into a series of key words to make it easier to remember. (This is chunking information down.) Students then come back to the work and chunk it back up by recalling and explaining the topic in detail using the key words to help them.
Pearson Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B
Paper 1 Christianity: Religion and Ethics
Paper 2 Islam: Religion, Peace and Conflict
1/ Revise Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Religious Studies B Christianity and Islam
Revision Guide by Pearson
(Students only need to revise the first 4 chapters of each both Christianity and Islam in this guide)
2/ GCSE Edexcel B Religious Studies. Beliefs in Action Grade 9-1)
Revision guide by CGP
(The second one also includes Judaism which we DON’T study.)