Ms Sestanovic took 16 Year 10 pupils on Wednesday 12th July to the Bury College Debating Challenge. The event was organised especially for our school after the recent tragedies as both Adam and Olivia should have been attending.
The pupils were superb and prepared excellent arguments on three key topics:
- Zoos and Safari Parks should be banned
- The legal voting age in the UK should be reduced to 16
- Instagram creates unrealistic expectations for lifestyle and body for young people
The pupils were arranged into four teams –
- Team 1 – Charlotte Larkin, Sophia Karimzadeh, Olivia Wardle and Lucy Kaye
- Team 2 – Laura Richards, Megan Hockey, Lauren Hunt and Ellie Cairns
- Team 3 – Molly Nuttall, Beker Khalid, Tom Woodward and Sophie Stanford
- Team 4 – Oliver Limb, Louis Bancroft, Jo Woodman and Olivia Carroll
Team 3 came first with team 4 close behind.