What will I be studying?
The Secondary Mathematics Framework
1 Mathematical processes and applications
- 1.1 Representing
- 1.2 Analysing – use mathematical reasoning
- 1.3 Analysing – use appropriate mathematical procedures
- 1.4 Interpreting and evaluating
- 1.5 Communicating and reflecting
- 2.1 Place value, ordering and rounding
- 2.2 Integers, powers and roots
- 2.3 Fractions, decimals, percentages, ratio and proportion
- 2.4 Number operations
- 2.5 Mental calculation methods
- 2.6 Written calculation methods
- 2.7 Calculator methods
- 3.1 Equations, formulae, expressions and identities
- 3.2 Sequences, functions and graphs
4 Geometry and measures
- 4.1 Geometrical reasoning
- 4.2 Transformations and coordinates
- 4.3 Construction and loci
- 4.4 Measures and mensuration
- 5.1 Specifying a problem, planning and collecting data
- 5.2 Processing and representing data
- 5.3 Interpreting and discussing results
- 5.4 Probability.
How will I be assessed?
- Classwork and regular homework.
- Formal internal examinations end of term 1 and Term 3.
- Assessing Pupil’s progress through National Curriculum levelled tasks (APP).
How are teaching Groups organised?
Teaching groups are by set based on performance the previous year and target levels agreed by teacher assessment. Opportunities to move sets achieved through student high attainment.
Provision for Gifted and Talented students
- UKMT challenge in lower school.
- Accelerated learning to early formal examination in year 10 –G.C.S.E Statistics
What extra-curricular opportunities are available to extend learning?
Intervention and revision classes held throughout the academic year.
Useful resources and websites to support learning
google-msn games-free online-puzzle inlay
google mr barton’s maths