As you are already aware the House Sponsored Walk will be taking place on Thursday 13th July. We hope you have been able to raise sponsorship as this will be the main event raising money for school projects and our school’s nominated local, national and international charities
The walk will take place on Thursday 13th July, starting and finishing at school. Students should register as normal at 8.45. The walk will follow a ‘figure of 8’ route with an opportunity for a toilet break at school before completing the second leg of the walk which will include a lunch break.
Students are expected back in school from 1.30pm onwards. When pupils return to school a member of staff will sign their sponsor form to say they have completed the walk and when all forms have been signed for a Tutor group, students will be allowed to return home. However, if any pupil needs to remain in school, arrangements will be made to look after them until 3.15pm.
We would like to remind you of the following:
- Students will need to be dressed appropriately for the day – sensible shoes for walking and weather appropriate clothing. As for all of our non-uniform days make-up and jewellery rules will be ‘relaxed’ but we insist on ‘sensible’ amounts of both and would encourage students to be ‘sensibly dressed’ to meet the demands of the day. Tops must not reveal midriffs or shoulders and should not be ‘low-cut’. Hair rules apply at all times. Any student we feel is not following these guidelines will not be allowed to walk and will be kept in school until 3.15pm. Under the circumstances we would appreciate your support in reinforcing this point to your child.
- Students will need a ‘picnic’ lunch for the day preferably in disposable containers (we will collect litter before leaving the lunch site). Pupils entitled to ‘free school meals’ that require a lunch on the day should inform their Form Tutor at the start of the week and no later than Tuesday 11th July. They will collect their lunch from the canteen prior to departure.
- Any student who is uncooperative during the walk or whose behaviour is judged to be unacceptable will be removed from the walk and returned to school. These students will be supervised in school until 3.15pm.
- Pupils must bring their sponsor form with them on the day (and any sponsor money collected) –their form will be signed by a member of staff on completion of the walk and to show that they have permission to leave school when all of their Tutor group have been accounted for.
- If your child is medically unable to do the walk please contact the school with details. Your child must still come into school on the day of the walk to help out until everyone has completed the walk.
- If your child suffers from any medical problems such as diabetes, allergies or asthma please make sure they have their medication with them (including inhalers and epi-pens). There will be first aiders walking with the pupils. In the event of any emergency students must inform the nearest member of staff who will contact school and initiate and co-ordinate an appropriate response.
- Any outstanding sponsorship monies should be returned to school by Thursday 20th July.
We thank you for your support with this event, hope for good weather and look forward to an enjoyable day raising money for the benefit of others.
I Tandy (House Co-ordinator )
A. Rashud (Assistant Head teacher)